Monday, August 30, 2010

Week 7 - Late Again

"Motivation is a fire from within.
If someone else tries to light that
fire under you, chances are it will
burn very briefly."
Stephen R. Covey
Author

I'm late again!. I know I have a million and one excuses but the most dominate is why does the Facilitating Online Course start in the summer when most of us are on holidays. Okay, this has been my one sentence of whine (sigh)

Today I have made my peace with the starting date of this course; it's time to move on because I'm getting extremely boring and annoying to myself and since I can't escape me, it's best to change the attitude.

I need to take control of this course by taking charge of the action steps I take. For me, the best way to do that is to get myself organized and make a 'To Do' list which turns into a 'Fait Accompli' list. I'm a much more focused learner when I make lists of what needs to get done at the beginning of each week; that way I'm able to visually see what I have to do, what I have done and what I have yet to do by the end of the week. Checking each item off my list when it's done both motivates and gives me confidence to, as Stephen Covey puts it "begin with the end in mind."


Action Step(s)
I'm going to take some of what I learnt from the PBWorks Summer Camp 2010 and the learning technique I used to complete the summer camp and create a PBWorks Wiki using a table to itemize the activities I need to complete each week for this course schedule starting with Week 7 and work my way backwards to Week 6, Week 5, Week 4, Week 3, Week 2 and anything in Week 1.

In the end it's up to me to get and sustain my motivation. After all when you break down the word 'motivation' you get 'motive' and 'action.'

So, I'm Curious ......
What's your motive to encourage the action needed to complete this course?

PS. Wish me luck. I hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment