Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 1 - Setting Up a Blog

It has been suggested that Faciliating Online Course will be using Blogger as its official Blog. That's okay since up to now I have never really had the desire to blog before and to be quite honest I still don't. Although I have been forced to set up a blog for some of my post graduate courses, I never really made an effort to learn.

Today is my official start of Facilitating Online course. I know I'm a bit behind but I will catch up. I have chosen to approach writing a blog with a different attitude. I'm going to look at writing my blog posts with a sense of adventure and sense of curiosity.

My first assignment in this course is to Set Up a Blog in Blogger.

The first thing I did was to get organized. I set up a table in Microsoft Word and listed all the resources and the items I have to complete. I would show an example of my table but I don't how to do that. For now here are my column titles

Week 1 Set Up a Blog List the Resources Mentioned with link - Date View/Read Notes/Reflection

The content of the course I'm fine with. What's giving me pause is the number of social media tools; blogger, twitter, wikis, delicious; I have to use. Although I'm fascinated by these tools, I'm also overwhelmed by them ... there is just to much to learn.

Having said that, i'm going to feel alot more empathy for those who will be in the same boat when I go back to work this fall. At least I will have a lot tools to offer them to ease them into learning using social media tools.

To My Community of Learners, here are my questions

  1. How did you get yourself organized to motivate yourself to learn in this course.
  2. For those who are such newbies like moi, are there some tips and tricks that are working for you to help you not get bogged down with amount of learning involved?
2.

No comments:

Post a Comment