Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 1 - Video Blogs in Plain English

When I review material I ask three questions
Is it easy to learn?
Is it easy to use?
Is it easy to do?
Mireille
Blogs in Plain English by Common Craft is one of those learning resources that fit my criteria. I would also include the following:
  1. It's visual which appeals to me
  2. It's short - less than three minutes as promised
  3. It's easy to understand, no academic babble
  4. It's entertaining.

When I look at material, I also include the following questions which will be the structure for my comments and reflection for the Online Facilitation Course

  1. What resonates with me about what I have read, heard or viewed?
  2. What is one idea that I can add to what I'm currently doing?
  3. What is one idea if I thought about, learnt more about and or practiced more would change the results of what I'm doing?

Here is what I took away from Blogs in Plain English

  1. It's not about how blogs work, it's what we do about blogs that matter, how we connect with people who have similiar interests. For all of us who have signed up for the Online Facilitation Course we are connected by our similiar interest - to learn more about Online Facilitation and to improve our skills in the area of Online Facilitation.
  2. We are a community of bloggers. In fact we have our own community of practicie. By reading each others posts, quoting each other and linking our blogs together, we inspire and motivate one another to learn together as a community.
  3. Blogging is a form of power. The question is "What will we do with that power?"

To My Community of Learners, here are my questions:

  1. How are you using your blog to connect with others in this group?
  2. Whats one thing you have learnt, so far, that you wouldn't have learnt if you had not shared your ideas, and thoughts in this learning community?

No comments:

Post a Comment